Sign Up To Our FREE Newsletter
Enter keyword to search news
Plastic Free Food Packaging
Gazebos & Shelters
Retro Catering Caravans
Food Hygiene Courses
2014 sees Sunderland International Airshow, Europe’s largest free seafront show, celebrate its 26th anniversary taking place along Sunderland’s coastline at Seaburn and Roker.
Sunderland International Airshow has grown in popularity with various organisations over the past 25 years, especially those looking to market or launch a product and those perhaps looking for a roadshow venue. This is due to the family based demographic profile and the large numbers of visitors attracted to the event.
In 2007 the event was awarded winner of the ‘Best Tourism Experience’ at the North East England Tourism Awards, and in 2008 was awarded gold for ‘Best Tourism Experience’ at the Enjoy England National Awards.
The trade and exhibition team have worked closely with a variety of organisations marketing and promoting products and information, such as Hasbro Transformers, Nintendo, Nature Valley, Dairylea, Warburtons, EA Games, SKY television, Pot Noodle, Haribo and many more.
The dedicated team work to ensure the needs of clients are catered to in the best possible way aiming to provide a professional, efficient and friendly service also assessing various locations within the site, to ensure the correct position for each product or service.
Enclosed you will find full details on reserving a site at what promises to be a spectacular event.
Research carried out suggests that the Sunderland International Airshow remains popular with a wide variety of visitors.
The Airshow is visited by hundreds of thousands of people over two days. (source: Northumbria Police).
41% of the population are classified as A, B or C1 Category.
Average party size is four people.
51% of visitors are males.
39% of visitors are aged between 36 and 55; the remainder is split with 39% between 18-35 and 22% aged 56 and over.
82% of respondents attended three or more shows, with 61% attending five or more.
Research in 2009 showed the origin of visitors to be:
Local – 24%, Regional – 60%, National – 15%, International – 1%.
GENERAL TRADING INFORMATION
Trading will be throughout Friday 25 July (evening), Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 July 2014.
Trading hours will be 4pm to 10pm on Friday, 10am to 6pm on Saturday and Sunday (subject to change).
Exhibitors will be located in Recreation Park.
All applications will be assessed on an individual basis.
All sites are grass standing and uncovered.
Your site will be marked out in white paint and referenced. You must provide your own gazebo/stand if required.
Your trade space must encompass all aspects of your stand. This includes, tent/gazebo pegs, or display items.
You must ensure you hire adequate space for your requirements. Failure to do so will result in space not being available on site to meet your needs.
Strictly no soft drinks, sweets, cakes, ice cream or alcohol can be sold from any of the exhibitor areas due to catering concessions being allocated on site. No food sampling allowed on site.
No replica guns, weapons, balloons, kites or live animals can be sold or given away on site.
Exclusive rights to merchandise cannot be guaranteed. The organisers reserve the right to refuse applications and alter or amend pitch allocation without prior notice. The organisers provide space only. The organisers are not responsible for equipment left on site overnight. All applications are on a first come first serve basis.
PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
1. Payment will be requested on acceptance of an application.
1. Any exhibitor wishing to cancel an exhibition space must do so immediately in writing to:
Sunderland Software Centre
Sunderland, SR1 1PB
2. Any cancellations post Monday 02 June 2014 will be subject to a 10% charge.
3. Any cancellations post Monday 16 June 2014 will be subject to a 25% charge.
4. Any cancellations post Monday 23 June 2014 will be subject to a 35% charge.
5. Any cancellations on or after Monday 07 July 2014 will not be eligible for any refund.
RECREATION PARK (MAIN EXHIBITION ARENA)
The pitches in this area have access to a standpipe and limited power. Power will be at an additional cost – (see separate costs)
The park has three public access points.
This park is located in front of the park and ride drop off points.
There is no street traders licence required at this location.
2014 SPONSORSHIP AND ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
At the Sunderland International Airshow we are proud to have worked with many notable organisations throughout the past twenty four years including the Discovery Channel, Berghaus, Rolls Royce Plc, Vaux, Warburtons and NISA.
We offer a range of opportunities to sponsor this exciting event, including sponsorship of flying displays, arena, park and ride, pilots and hospitality enclosures.
Tailoring a Package
We are more than happy to work alongside any organisation to produce a sponsorship and advertising package tailored to suit their needs.
The event site provides excellent opportunities throughout for advertising, which could also be included within a sponsorship package.
We can also provide organisations with individual advertising space on site and within our popular Souvenir Programme which is sold prior to and during the event.
For more information and costings on sponsorship and advertising opportunities or to discuss a proposal please call Karen Makepeace on 0191 561 8402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Safety/Hygiene Requirements
Food business operators must be able to demonstrate how they ensure food is prepared/processed etc. safely. All food businesses must have a documented food safety management system in place and it must be adhered to and kept up to date.
Food handlers must have received adequate training, instruction or supervision relevant to their food handling activities to ensure food safety is not compromised.
be kept clean and maintained in good repair and condition;
have adequate supply of hot and cold water to ensure good hygiene practices;
have a supply of food grade cleaning chemicals and a supply of clean cleaning cloths.
Food handlers suffering from sickness/diarrhoea must not handle food stuffs and can only return to food handling duties 48 hours after their last symptom.
Health and Safety Requirements
Stallholders must conduct a risk assessment to identify hazards that may cause harm to themselves, employees, members of the public or anyone else that comes into contact with their business and put in place adequate controls as necessary. If there are more than five employees the assessment will need to be documented.
Some of the main hazards which may be found are slips, trips and falls, burns from equipment, gas safety, electrics and fire, vehicle movements during deliveries, manual handling (especially of gas cylinders).
Any gas appliance on which you cannot see the naked flame must have a flame failure device fitted.
Gas cylinders stored on site must be secure to prevent unauthorised tampering, well ventilated with appropriate signage indicating flammable material, no smoking.
Gas installations are to have an accompanying certificate from a LPG Gas Safe registered gas engineer.
Electrics must be installed by a qualified electrician and have an accompanying certificate.
All stalls are to have a first aid kit.Stalls undertaking fat frying activities must have a 9kg powder fire extinguisher and fire blanket.
Company Name: ____________________________________
SUNDERLAND INTERNATIONAL AIRSHOW 2014
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– AIRSHOW OFFICE COPY
1 Licence Terms Friday 25 to Sunday 27 July 2014 inclusive.
2 Allocation of space is at the discretion of the Event Manager.
3. Sunderland Live expects a high standard from participants. If, in the opinion of the Event Manager, a stall or exhibition unit is unsatisfactory or incompatible with the aims of the show Sunderland Live reserves the right to require the exhibitor to close or remove such stall/exhibition unit.
4. Payment will be requested on confirmation of the booking.
5. Any exhibitor wishing to cancel an exhibition space must do so immediately in writing to: Michelle Whittle, Events Co-ordinator, Sunderland Live, Sunderland Software Centre, Tavistock Place, Sunderland, SR1 1PB or Michelle.email@example.com
Any cancellations post Monday 02 June 2014 will be subject to a 10% charge.
Any cancellations post Monday 16 June 2014 will be subject to a 25% charge.
Any cancellations post Monday 23 June 2014 will be subject to a 35% charge.
Any cancellations on or after Monday 07 July 2014 will not be eligible for any refund.
6. Strictly no alcohol allowed on site.
7. To ensure a suitable fire extinguisher, or such equipment, as the Fire Authority deem necessary, is readily available on the stall/exhibition unit.
8. Sunderland Live reserves the right of inspection by the Fire Prevention Officer of all stalls/exhibition units and further to order the
Page 13 of 17
use of such equipment or appliance to be discontinued should they appear to contravene fire and safety regulations.
9. Exhibitors are not allowed to distribute leaflets etc. anywhere within the exhibition premises or grounds, except at their own stands. They must not, for this or any other purpose, encroach upon the alleys or open spaces or do anything which may cause obstruction. Exhibitors should not call out or solicit sales in a manner likely to cause annoyance to the public or any exhibitor or trader.
10. Licensee must provide their own bins and be responsible for disposal of all refuse in the skips located on site. An additional charge will be made if this is not complied with.
11. To erect the stall/exhibition unit only during the following times:
Thursday 9am to 8.30pm Recreation Park
Friday 9am to 12 noon Recreation Park
12. To ensure the stall/exhibition unit is removed by no later than 12 noon on Monday 28 July 2014.
13. The applicant must fully indemnify Sunderland Live against all proceedings costs claims, demands and/or liability howsoever arising, whether directly or indirectly, in connection with the exhibitor’s use of the facilities and in particular (but without limiting the generality of the foregoing) must indemnify Sunderland Live against any liability for injury to or death of any person and/or loss of or damage to any property howsoever caused and must have public liability insurance in the sum of £5 million.
14. The failure of any exhibitor to abide by the foregoing Terms and Conditions shall result in withdrawal of the consent to exhibit and Sunderland Live may immediately require the closure or removal of the stall/exhibition unit.
15. Sunderland Live does not guarantee the Airshow will take place in whole or in part and that in the event of cancellation or curtailment of the Airshow Sunderland Live will be under no liability to pay any compensation for any actual or prospective loss or refund in full or part the agreed fee.
16. No replica guns, weapons, balloons, kites or live animals can be displayed or sold from any unit/stall. Should this rule be ignored then Sunderland Live reserves the right to confiscate all items of this nature.
I hereby agree that I will abide by the above Terms and Conditions: