The Natural Food Trade Show, taking place next year on 19-20 April at the new venue of ExCel London, is launching a new, live juicing competition for 2015. The UK’s Juicing Championship, sponsored by Juico, will see professional juicers compete to be crowned the UK Juicing Champion 2015.
According to research firm IBISWorld, juicing has seen steady growth over the past five years in the UK, driven by a rise in health awareness1. The competition will be judged as much on health benefits as it will flavour, with marks also awarded for looks and originality.
The UK’s Juicing Championship will take place on Sunday 19 April in the ‘new’ Natural Food Kitchen Demonstration Theatre at Natural & Organic Products Europe. During three heats, contestants will be judged by show visitors, with the winners going on to the final. Industry judges will include nutrition experts Christine Bailey and Dale Pinnock. The winner will claim national recognition as the industry’s top juicer and win a Juico juicer worth over £300.
From cafés and juice bars to health food stores, all juicing professionals are welcome to enter the UK Juicing Championship. Entries are now open and entry forms can be submitted online at www.naturalproducts.co.uk/juicingchampionships/. To be eligible, all juices must be made up of at least 75% pure juice and the remaining 25% can be made up of other ingredients such as superfoods and milk that can be blended with the juice. Entries close on Friday 6 March 2015.
Natural & Organic Products Europe, taking place on 19-20 April 2015, will celebrate its 19th anniversary at the new venue of ExCel London. The event sees over 9’500 health, beauty, and food professionals from across the UK and Europe discover the best quality natural, organic, Fairtrade, sustainable, ethical, free-from, eco and healthy-living products on offer, from over 600 exhibitors.
Registration is now open for Natural & Organic Products Europe. For more information and to register for a free trade only pass, please visit www.naturalproducts.co.uk and quote priority code NPG30.