Market Place has been chosen to host the launch of Feeding Stockport – the sustainable food city project that aims to showcase the wealth of growing and producing talent in and around Stockport. Great ethical food doesn’t have to be dull or worthy after all!
Food traders that night will be asked, as far as possible, to use ingredients that have been grown or purchased in Stockport and showcase their own favourite food sources, helping Foodie Friday aficionados to find out where to get some of their favourite things!
Food traders to date include
*Stockport’s own ‘The Pizza Maker’, Jay Kosh who has been wowing weekend crowds at the market for the last month
* Back’s Deli from Heaton Moor who will be road-testing a new concept for them!
* Jimmy and his crew from Nasi Lemak in Fallowfield (get your fishcakes early folks – they sold out in an hour last time)
* The very first Stockport appearance of the Hip Hop Chip Shop with their sharing sample box of Fish Biters, Chili Onion Blings and triple cooked chips
* The first appearance of 4-Lunch, who will also be running a cooking course for young people at Seven Miles Out this summer
* Damon and the Big D BBQ
* Conscious Confections ethical baked goods
* Carl’s perfect pancakes
* Choccky Churros
* Chili Junkies’ wide range of all condiments hot!
Music will open with a happy ukulele performance by the Lamplighter Band.
More details as the date approaches.
We are also taking bookings for:
October 31 – Halloween theme. Music by The Beatcleavers. Bring your own pumpkins & dress in costume!